Hi, folks. Are you ready for more live blues music? The Boise Blues Society is bringing you a whole flock of shows in the coming weeks. Come out and dance!
If you haven’t yet seen or heard the BBS Band, you have TWO chances this week:
- Monday evening (October 20) we’ll be playing during the KRBX Radiothon Fall fundraiser. Tune in to 89.9 or 93.5 at 6pm and dance at home.
- Wednesday evening (October 22) we open the 2014 Pre-Holiday Benefit for the Idaho Food Bank, 6pm at The Bouquet (10th and Main), followed by British invasion rock music by Gerry & the Dreambenders.
Several fabulous bluesy events will heat up your November:
– Saturday Nov 8 at 7:30pm, catch the 20th Anniversary Blues Brothers Rock ‘n Soul Revue in the Mardi Gras Ballroom.
– Nov 9 from 3-6pm, spend your Sunday afternoon at The Drink enjoying a wide variety of local musicians in our Blues Jam Sessions.
– Do you love the smooth sounds of brass? Thursday, Nov 13 at 6:30pm, we are bringing the award-winning, funky, neo-soul blues band Josh Hoyer and the Shadowboxers to the Sapphire Room for one night only! This is a ticketed all-ages event; members get a discount on advance orders with the emailed discount code. Click here for more info and to purchase your tickets.
Finally, we are thrilled to report that BBS has received a $1000 grant from the City of Boise’s Arts & History Department to support our Blues in the Schools (BITS) program. We plan to continue bringing blues music into schools throughout the Treasure Valley, as well as to bars, festivals, and other events for people of all ages to enjoy.
Thanks so much for your support, and we hope to see you soon at a live blues show.
BBS Board of Directors