Hi, fellow blues lovers! We have a lot going on during the next month… here is a list of some exciting blues events coming soon to Boise.
– Boise Blues Society is proud to present Josh Hoyer and the Shadowboxers, stopping in for one night only this Thursday, November 13, at the Sapphire Room from 6:30 – 9pm. Great soul-funk blues with plenty of brass. This is an all ages show, $7 general admission or $5 for members who purchase tickets in advance online using the emailed discount code. (Arrive early and whet your appetite with acoustic blues performed by Ev and George Hadden in the Bar365 lounge from 4:30 to 6:30.)
– Join us for our monthly Blues Jam Session this Sunday, November 9, from 3-6pm at The Drink Waterfront Bar & Grill. Musicians bring your axes, and blues fans come and enjoy a variety of local musicians performing a range of styles. Free event, all ages welcome.
– Ever thought about learning to play the harmonica or adding a few new harp licks? You’ll want to enroll in the upcoming 2-day workshop with Hamilton Loomis on November 17 and 18, from 6-9pm each evening in Nampa. You might remember Hamilton’s crowd-pleasing performances at Jo’s Sunshine and the BBS Sunday Blues festival last July. Workshop price of $60 includes a 10-hole harp and a CD.
Several local blues bands have shows coming up at the Sapphire Room. Get your tickets and more details here. A quick teaser list:
- Hoochie Coochie Men (featuring BBS President and keyboard maniac Ken Harris) on November 19,
- Blues Addicts (you may have caught their act at our Blues at the Flats events in September) with a live recording show on November 22, and
- Smooth Avenue (featuring the sweet vocals of Board Member JT Tyler) on December 31.
Smooth Avenue can also be found at AEN Playhouse (8001 Fairview) on Nov 8, Crush Wine Bar in Eagle on Nov 14, Cylos Lounge in Eagle on Nov 21, and Sockeye Grill in Boise on Nov 28.
Finally, don’t forget about the 20th Anniversary Blues Brothers Rock ‘n Soul Revue in the Mardi Gras Ballroom, tomorrow night starting at 7:30.
Come on out to a show or two and support live blues music in Boise!
BBS Board of Directors