|When:||2nd Tuesday of each Month|
|Venue:||The Sapphire Room at the Riverside Hotel
FAMILY FRIENDLY. ALL AGES JAM.
|Time:||6:30pm to 9:30pm|
|Tuesday, April 14th||Host Band TBD|
NEW NIGHT AND NEW VENUE STARTING IN JANUARY 2020! TUESDAYS AT THE SAPPHIRE ROOM AT THE RIVERSIDE HOTEL. 6:00 – 9:00 PM
LISTENERS and MUSICIANS ARE WELCOME! No Cover Charge….FREE!!
The Sapphire Room at the Riverside Hotel
Boise’s premier listening room is the best kept secret between Austin and Portland. With available seating for 170 guests, a state of the art sound and lighting system, clear sight lines of the stage from any corner of the room, and regular performances by local and touring artists, The Sapphire Room is a music lover’s gem.
The BBS Jam at the Sapphire Room is a family-friendly event. Youth are encouraged to participate in jam sessions. BBS mentors will be available to answer any questions these young blues musicians may have. All ages are welcome to come, observe, and learn.
In order to make the Boise Blues Society Jam as enjoyable as possible, we’ve initiated a few rules
Follow the Stage Manager
We’ll have a designated Stage Manager for the event that will make sure that the BBS Jam runs smoothly. This includes-
– Making sure each jam band is ready to go
– Managing the band transitions so they’re quick and efficient
– Keeping bands on a 15 minute play schedule
– Helping with on-stage cues for solos and addressing any tech or volume control issues
We provide the “heavy lifting” for the Back Line so you don’t have to
– The BBS and Hosting bands will provide the back line equipment. So you can keep your back happy by leaving your amp at home. You’ll only need to bring your instrument and pedalboard.
– Provided equipment includes: PA, drums, guitar/keyboard/harmonica amps, keyboard and microphones
Don’t Bogart that stage, my friend
– In order to give everyone a chance to play we’re limiting each group to 3 songs and/or 15 minutes on stage. We’re getting a lot of great players at the BBS Jam and we want to make sure everyone gets a chance to shine. Frequently we have a large number of jammers. In order to assure everyone gets the opportunity to play, we may cut the number of songs per jam band to 2 songs.
– We’ll also have a designated Band Leader for each group in order to keep things on track and make sure it’s fun for everyone
Players wanna be playin’, so make sure you sign in early
– Players should sign in as soon as they arrive. The jam bands are assigned on a first come, first served basis. So the earlier you get on the list the better the chance you’ll get to play – maybe more than once
Become a BBS Jam Host Band – it’s a blast!
– We’re actively seeking bands to host the BBS Jam.
– You’ll be able to promote your act to lots of people, sell your CDs/Merch, and have a great time
– Host bands are required to allow their equipment to be used as the back line for the show (no PA required)
– If you’d like to be considered as a host band or want more information, please contact Dale Wilson email@example.com